Hello friends of Highland Ave UMC -
In light of the governor's declaration of a state of emergency, the likely increase in cases of CORONA-19, and the risk factors present in our congregation the Administrative Council has agreed that we should adjust our operations for the next few weeks.
Please remember that we are doing this for the good of the community at large and the medical personnel who will be asked to care for affected people.
As acts of neighbor love:
1) We will not hold worship in the church on Sunday March 22. I will e-mail a 'worship at home' packet to those on the e-mail list. Vicki will post it on the website and the Facebook page, and I'll send a copy through the mail to those who we know don't use e-mail.
2) We will cancel all in-person meetings through the end of the month. We can communicate by phone or email as needed. This includes the finance meeting, ad council next week, Bible study and the River Church study group.
3) If outside groups choose to continue meeting in the church, we will ask them to disinfect before and after their meetings, using disinfecting wipes.
4) I will be working from home, available by phone (624-1539), text and e-mail. Please call if you need someone to pick up food, medicine or other necessities.
5) Please check on one-another by phone. Enjoy the extra time at home and get outside when you can!
One last note, the CDC is now recommending that all gatherings of more than 50 people be suspended for eight weeks, which would bring us into May. We will evaluate week by week. Each week I will send out an update until we can resume our normal pattern.
In the peace of Christ who walks with us -
"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Mt 28:20b